Monday, November 24, 2008

So smart & getting so big too.....

Its so crazy how fast Jacly is learning new things. She is going on 16 months now. Shes so smart for her age. We have taught her where her nose is & she'll point to it when you ask her & we've been working on teaching her where her eyes are. The other night she was in the bathtub & I was quizzing her. I asked her where her nose was & she pointed to it & started clapping. Then I said, "Jacly, where's your eyes?" I wasn't sure if she'd picked that one up yet, but then she pointed to her eyes (as she squinted so she didnt poke them. ha ha) & said "Eye" and pointed again & said "Eye." Then she started clapping for herself, as I did too. I was sooo Proud of her! She Amazes me. She is one smart cookie though. I have been trying to get her to eat new things b/c shes still pretty picky. Her new thing is mashed potatoes & Brown Gravy. We're learning how to use the spoon but she always winds up using her hands instead. Anyways, I was trying to get her to eat Lasagna the other day & my friend told me to mix her chicken nuggets in w/ the Lasagna to get her to at least try it. But she knew it looked different & wouldn't touch it. I cant trick her for nothing! Something else new with Jacly is when we're in the car she starts getting mad if she's been in there too long b/c she starts getting bored with her toys. So I thought maybe I should sing to her. "The wheels on the Bus" is her Favorite song. I'll start singing it to her & look back in the mirror and she'll have the biggest smile & be swaying side to side. It's so cute. She is growing so fast. She had a 15 month check-up this month & she is 32 inches tall (she has grown 2 inches in 3 months). She weighs 24lbs (only gained 1 pound in 3 months since shes so active). Jacly is in the 97%tile for her height & shes in the 32%tile for her weight (3 months ago she was in the 78%tile for her weight. Crazy how much it changes every time). The doctor told us she's going to be pretty tall....guess she gets that from her Daddy. Well I guess that's all for now.........here are some recent pictures of Jacly. Jacly & her Daddy brushing their teeth together.

Eating mashed potatoes & gravy (yes, w/ her hands. But there is a spoon there.)

Asleep in the car, still holding her rubber duck in her hand.

Jacly wanted to be a big girl. You can see the water pouring out of the cup. That's why she has a bib on. ha ha

Trying to be Miss Independent She found the Lemon

At the Park, feeding the Ducks.
She loves feeding them.
Daddys taking her for a ride in her Diaper box.
She was perfect size too!

Jacly & Cashton on Jaclys couch watching TV.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is such a cutie! And the crazy thing is that just when you think they can't get any more fun... they do! What cute pics!